• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing to Bios 10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overcrocked

I have Bios 17 and wanted to know if there was some specific way to flash to bios 10, and if there is tell me!:D I remember people talking about it in some other thread so I don't want to just flash it without some confirmation.

-Thanks, Overcrocked

Download Abit's Flashmenu from their website and install it. Then download the 10 bios and extract it.
When you run Flashmenu you can choose to flash from a file. Browse to the extracted 10 bios and off it goes.
After the reboot press delete at the bios screen and set it how you like. Probably best to reset the bios to default settings before you flash (although I've never bothered and not had any problems - depends how much your overclocking).

The 10 Bios is the only way I can get to 200MHz FSB on my setup so well worth a try.

Don't try to install the OS if you SATA RAID though with this bios. Does not work basically so I'd only do this with the OS already installed and flash back to 18 if you intend to reinstall your OS.

Good luck.

Thanks Nobby, I'm at 220x11 but I want to see if I can get a higher FSB. Oh, and how is the Zalman heatpipe working for you?

-Thanks, Overcrocked

WOW

flashing to this bios REALLY improves the FSB.... before i could only get 11x210 because the 10-10.5mults did not work well....

right now after flashing to that board i am at 10x227 prime stable!

amazing!!!!!!

Funny, I did the exact same process you described by chance. to flash to 10 on Saturday.

And now my board just sits there...so apparently it didn't flash correctly, even though
it says it did. Good thing I have a spare bios coming in already, I think I might try the old fashioned way with the floppy this time hehe

Back