• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N8X-X sata hard drive not recognized

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Franchize

I just put together my new system. heres the problem, my Asus A7N8X-X isnt recognizing my wd raptor sata hard drive. Jumper is properly set and all cabling is connected properly. Anyone got a heads up for me?

Head on over to www.nforcershq.com - and go into their ASUS forum, and check the FAQ for your board. I have no idea - but the information *WILL* be somewhere over on nForcers, they seem to know everything!

Asus A7N8X-X has no Serial support but if u added a SATA controller card did u install your driver. Hit F6 when loading windows to do so (might need to have a floppy with the driver on it)and add the driver on a fresh install. If your using the drive as an add on for storage simply add the driver and your set.

my bad i meant A78NX DEL.TY though. I got it going anyway. Well i got that going, now i cant get the onboard nic working. Anyone know how to get it running.

yes i installed drivers. it appears to be connected(showing connection in desktop without the "x" but it wont let me on internet explorer. any suggestions

Last edited:
I got it figured out. TY. I needed to have sata controller driver diskette handy to load during windows installation.

Back