• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't go any higher than 200x11.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mania

i have an asus a7n8x non dlx, and i ve been trying to overclock it to 2.3ghz stable, but it always crash, is there anyway to make it more stable at 2.3ghz?

i have a pc3200 corsair TwinX 2x256 xms,xp 2500.

What revision board do you have? It is printed near the name of the motherboard between the PCI slots.

If it is <2.00 then the board is not 100% certified for 200MHz. It could also be that your CPU is about topped out - post what voltage you are using and what type of CPU it is.

I wouldnt pump THAT much voltage in a 2500+...barton most likly. 1.5v is the standard voltage for that chip. From what I have seen around 1.7~1.75 is usually the highest you really want to push the voltage. I would mess around with the multipliers~maybe unlock the chip if your mobo doesnt unlock the cpu for you. You can also just try and see if you can get a higher cpu speed by dropping the fsb down to 166 or so. 166mhz ram with agressive timings and potentially higher cpu speeds could get alot of performance out of the system.

I am having the same problem you are, the highest I've been able to get my Barton 2500+ is 2.2 on A7N8X. Before I fried my epox 8rda+ tring overclock some more, I was able to my barton to 2.3 stable.

I am still tring to get 2.3 on my A7N8X if I find a way i'll let you know and I dont want to go higher than 1.85Vcore.

Back