• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is best for this setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anotsu Kagehisa

Registered
I am building a new computer, I am gonna have a 2500+, Albatron KX18D Pro II, but I don't know which memory would be best i am thinking of getting 2x256mb sticks of pc3200 to run in dual channel and I am also on a budget of around $120 for the memory. I was thinking of getting the 512MB Kit HyperX DDR 400MHz 2-3-2-6-1, as I can get this for $113 with my 40% off coupon from everquest evolution. Or the GeIL Golden Dragon Dual DDR 512MB(2x256MB) 400MHz Model GD3200-512DC for $112 at newegg. Or is there something better for around the same price?

AMD systems do not beneift fro Dual Channel ram as much as Intel one's do so save yourself the money. Aim for higher FSB speeds and tighter timings to achieve the optimal results/preformance.

I personally have OCZ RAM. It is great, I can reach nice high FSB speeds and get great timings as well.

i always thought that dual channel gave the nforce the edge over via however i have no idea what chipset "Albatron KX18D Pro II" use.

Back