• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p800 deluxe first build what can i expect ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SA

hiya i have been reading the post here for weeks now and trying to take in all the info.This is my first post and im building my first PC.I took the info i saw here and ordered the following parts.Asus P4P800 deluxe MoBo,2.6 gig P4 800Mhz,ATI 9800 pro 128,1 gig of kingston hyper X 3200,xp home (had to save a little money)seagate SATA Barraccuda 80 Gb,Zalman 80c-hp video cooler with fan for my Vcard,SLK-947u cpu heatsink with 92 mm panaflo fan,450 watt ps.

So i am asking if i have built a PC that will over clock up nice?
I was working on a budget, and with all parts listed and not it took 1300 bucks to upgrade from my PIII 450 gateway.

I want to thank everyone that had posted all of the great learning tools,so did i pick up enough to build a respectfull pc ?

If you've done your reading as you say you have, it will take some practical app. before you feel at ease ocing. When all is said and done I'm sure you'll notice quite a jump from your old sys...lol...I would be surprised if you didn't hit in the 3.3 range.

ok well it all looks great to me!
Is your PSU from a no-name brand? What about your case?
I dont know much about HDDs so i cant really judge but the one you picked looks nice.
Ritalin

the power supply is a kingwin triple fan 450 watt,case is a mid tower cheap case,as i intend to mod it and add my own air ducts.
Thats the plan anyway lol.

Back