• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVpsetup.exe prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

.e n v y

I keep getting the there was an error during the installation of directplay voice errorcode: 0x80004005

the thing is i am trying 2 make my mic work (so i can chat) but now (after the installation of Dirext9)(i heard that would help the dvpsetup.exe prob) everytime i try a prog with my mic, like simple windows soundrecorder it says that i already have something running, and i should shut that utility off.
but well i dont have anything running so that's BS.

i got a trust headset (without any instaling disks)
avance ac'97 audio (motherboard)
and if i goto the audiomachines section in control panel it gives me 2 options for speech, either the avance or modemnr.

could somebody help?
thx a lot.

P.S. Envy rocks.

Try this...in Control Panel, double-click "Sounds and Audio Devices" | On the "Voice" tab, under "Voice Playback", click "Advanced" | On the "Performance" tab, move the "Hardware Acceleration" slider at least one position to the right. :)

Back