• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bad bios flash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hunka27

Registered
i was updating my bios on my GA-8IPE1000 to the f8a version, it seemed to load fine, i got no errors. i exited and it went to a Dos screen. When i restarted i get this message immediatly...

Scanning BIOS Image in Hard Drive...
Can not Find BIOS Image in Hard Drive on Diskette!

taking the battery out does nothing... any other suggestions?

Opps worng motherboard

Sorry about that I was looking up the wrong motherboard. But to really get a good CMOS clear, my manual says to remove the battery for 10 min, and short out the positive and negative battery post with the a metal object. Plus don't forget to unplug the motherboard from the power suppy, even with the computer off.

yes its the correct bios, you were looking at the GA-8IPE1000 pro, i don't have the pro version.

when i boot i get that message immediatly, nothing else before that... i did notice that when i connected my IDE drive that wasn't connected the first time, my scsi was, that it says auto recovery repeatedly and does nothing. so i guess its looking for something on the hard drive but isn't finding what it needs... any ideas?

i unplugged the battery for over an hour before, and i just tried shorting it out as welll... still same screen...

You dont get a BIOS screen now? I had to short mine for about 10 minutes for it to clear the BIOS settings.

I just took out the battery and stuck a bare metal paper clip between the center connector and and the side one. ( after unplugging everything!!! ) It took about 10 minutes of holding it there, i think.

Edit: I tried just doing it for just a few minutes and it didnt work. Secound time was the charm though. Good luck

Back