• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How high does the P4P800 OC to? I'm looking to boot Abit.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amino

I spent a crap load on my Max3 and it's giving me only 270 FSB stable. I mean, it could very well be my CPU... I might try another 2.4C or something. But I just think that $200+ for a mobo is a bit ridiculous.

So I'm looking at the P4C and P4P boards. Now, as far as the P4P goes, I hear some talk about it being just as good as the P4C? Is this true? I haven't gotten to try out the differences between the Canterwoods and Springdales because every Springy that I ordered has come in damaged somehow.

Essentially, I just want to know how high I'll be able to go with a P4P. I'm hitting 270 now, and I used to be able to get to 280 on my last Abit board and CPU, but I sold them off. I want to pass 280 now. Having to backtrack to 270 is kinda hurting my ego.

I wouldn't say they are a "good" board for ocing.

171103-303oc.JPG

I guess you just got a REALLY good chip. I got a P4C800 and it's stable at 275 right now... ho-hum...

275, Is that @ 5:4? I had Hyper-x pc3500 and couldn't get above 260, regardless of timings, dividers or voltage. I switched to Mushkin and BAM, 303 w/ 2-2-2-5. I had to max my vdimm and up vcore to 1.65 to get there though.

Blah. With my old IC7-G and another 2.4C, I was getting 285 at 5:4. Tight timings too.

275 riht now is at 2-3-3-5

3.2v and above is where trouble can start w/ ram. Have you tried timings @ 2-3-2-5?... I just did the math...Duh, 275 @ 5:4 is 440 and your ram is rated for 435 I wouldn't complain. You could try upping the vdimm and pushing the fsb or drop the divider to 3:2 and try for 300 fsb or better. What's your vcore @ 275? temp? is all this stable?

Back