• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My OEM video card cooler went bad...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ein

Registered
The video card cooler on my Abit GF4 is going bad, making lots of odd noise and such. I'd like to get a quiet cooler (I don't o/c the card) to replace the dying oem one.

Anybody w/ recommendations?

Ein said:
The video card cooler on my Abit GF4 is going bad, making lots of odd noise and such. I'd like to get a quiet cooler (I don't o/c the card) to replace the dying oem one.

Anybody w/ recommendations?

want the same one?

http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?cPath=156_158&products_id=626

there are 2 styles available there, and that link is the one my gf4 ti4400 siluro came with. i have a DOrb on mine now.

if yours is making noise, check to see if it is just dirty, or possibly has something in in that is making the noise. it should be very quiet, although, if it is worn..i guess it would sound loose.

are you looking to replace it with a better one? :)

I think what he meant was he took off the old fan NOT the heatsink and then glued a fan to the heatsink.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

i would do the whole gluing fan to heatsink thing except the heatsink is very very integrated with the fan.

I wouldn't mind getting oem, but I am a bit annoyed it failed on me so early. I've tried cleaning it to no avail.

The Zalman looks interesting, I'll have to look into that more.

For the vantec iceberg, I would use adhesive tape to stick it on the gpu? It doesn't seem to utilize the oem heatsink holes.

I had a zalman, and it worked good, even when I had my card overclocked.

I added a small quiet 80mm fan to it, and it worked even better.

Another vote for the Zalman. I have it on my ti4200 and it's working wonders.

Not sure how well it'll work on my new 9800np though

There seem to be multiple versions of the Zalman. Which models are you guys using?

I used the old hp80A, it was the gold one.

The new one with the additional fan would be good for a 9800np.

Back