• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I some how knew this card was gonna go kuput on me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

My EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 ti is now overheating due to two bad fans. They're making all kinds of noise, just two of em. Then they stop and temps reach 95c, before I shut the game down. Going to have to send it back to EVGA and hope they have a replacement, or a refund. I knew I shouldn't have bought a GPU on amazon. The deal was too good to be true. When I say that, I mean, amazon has never given me a credit chance. (my credit sucks) I paid it all off if the alloted time and still got no credit. Got a card, but now it's busted. Guess I'll have to use onboard graphics untill I get it back in a month. Fuckin sucks man.

Yes I did.
Post magically merged:

When it rains it poors my friends. I had covid, now I have a broken clavicle and a broken 3080 ti.. Luck is not on my side, thank God I don't believe in luck.

Last edited:
No clue what the cost of a new card has to do with failure rate......

**** happens. It sucks. But this isn't Amazon's fault because of the price. ;)

Pick yourself up off the ground and don't be a sad sack. :cheers:

Why must you always degrade me? You're damn ******* right I'm pissed. I'm not sorry that offends you.

I didn't degrade you. I'm not offended you're upset. You have every right to be mad your card **** the bed.

I simply said it doesn't make sense to be mad at Amazon because of the price you paid for a new card. You could have paid $50 more somewhere else (or Amazon) and that card has the exact same chance of failure. :)

No. I couldn't. Like I said, my credit sucks. I somehow found a credit work around for this card on amazon one day and jumped on it. I paid it all off in time, yet my credit it crap. I do what I can man to get what I want. Don't we all in a way?

No. I couldn't. Like I said, my credit sucks. I somehow found a credit work around for this card on amazon one day and jumped on it. I paid it all off in time, yet my credit it crap. I do what I can man to get what I want. Don't we all in a way?
My point was that ANYONE could have bought that same card ANYWHERE for ANY price and the chance of failure would be the same. Unless a video card is refurbished (where the chance for failure is higher than new) they'll all have the same failure rate. Don't beat yourself up over getting it through Amazon is another way to say it.

Again, sorry that (and everything you listed) happened. It sucks to be without a video card as a gamer.

Back