• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2800+...2500+ or keep the 2700+ TB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

micoyote1

Registered
Hey everyone...I am kind of a newbie here..been a reader for a month or so and this is my first post. This place is amazing...I did'nt think I was a newbie to the o/c world, but for the last month or so I am learnig that there is alot more to it than I ever thought...got to hand it to you folks here...you guys and gals ROCK!!!!

I just did some upgrading on my rig...new A7V8X-X motherboard...2 sticks of pc 3200 elixer memory....ATX Midtower case with a 400 watt power supply...and a amd 2700+ TB chip was which was supposed to be a barton 2800+ chip.

Which of the three would be my best option...Keep the 2700...Get the barton 2800...or what about the Barton 2500 that I here is a great overclocker? I am going to do some light to moderate overclocking...no water cooling or anything as extrem as that, but stock cooling or maybe some extra air cooling.

Also I read that it would be better to put my 2 sticks of pc 3200 memory in dimms 1 and 3 so I can get dual channel memory. Is this true or what would be my best bet? Does it help with the performance?

Thanks everyone in advance and for making this such a great forum.

as your motherboard will hold u back seeing its only a KT400 motherboard id keep the 2700+ and overclock away if u havent already got the motherboard get a Abit NF7-S :)

Right now I have the 2700 running at 11.5 x 205 + 2325 and my cpu temps are at 34c /35c but I have not pushed the system at all. What multiplier are the 2800 bartons locked at? My 2700 is not locked..I can go up to a multi of 16 with this board. My memory timmings are set at (by spd) is this ok or should I do something different?

A7V8X-X u using that motherboard right ?

how are u using your h/d at 205fsb i sold my A7V8X-X to get a nf7-s coz my h/d and pci slot card wouldnt run at them kind off speeds

205 = 41mhz on pci slots

Did some more playing around and I now have it running at 12.5x200=2405...my voltage is set at 1.80 and my temps are running in the low 30c. I know I should do some stressing on these setting, but what program is good for stress testing?

Do you think I could do better with the 2800 barton?

O.K. I dropped down to 11.5 x 205 = 2358 and everything seems to be stable...temps are in the lower 30s, but when I run prime 95 I get this....Error: Illegal sumout....just after the program starts. Any idea why or what I am doing wrong? I am using the primenet setting.

Back