• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NFS-7 V2 & Corsair XMS3500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PiP UK

Registered
I've OCed my XP3200+ to 217X11 (434), but my Corsair XMS3500 is showing the freq at 432Mhz. Does anyone else have this discrepency between FSB and corsair mem on the NFS-7 V2?

I know a lot of folks OC the 2500+, but are there folks who have OCed a 3200+? If so, can you tell me what FSB you got up to? I'm not interested in volt mods, just normal OCs (on air).

Any info would be great.

Cheers, Phil.

Last edited:
I don't have corsair memory, but NF7 shows different clocks... right now i'm running prime95 at 10x211 but it says 210 in the bootup, 211.59 in wcpuid. At 215(430DDR) it says 214(428DDR).

Thanks for the info - it look like a 'feature' of the NF7-S V2 then.

Anyone with OC details of their XP3200+ on air?

There really is a slight discrepancy in the reporting of the FSB speed of the NF7/S. Looks like the FSB speed is sometimes actually a little higher or lower than the FSB speed in the bios but not more than 1mhz or -1mhz.

If you have Cas2 XMS, you should be able to get close to 250fsb with relaxed RAM settings. I got mine to 250fsb.

Maxima88 - are you using XMS3500? I know its rated up to 434Mhz, which is why I stopped at that FSB. I'm pretty sure I've seen people who have gone higher - is that a good idea?

I'm a OC noob and dont want to fry anything...

BTW - its rated CAS2 5-2-2-2. I've got it running at 6-2-2-2.

well you are overclocking your processor , whay not the ram , it can tke it , overclocking in a whole , shortens the life span
so crank it as far as she can go , cuz I might wanna buy a new AMD chip soon

You're not going to suddenly fry anything - the worst that can happen is system instability, and then you'll have to clock back down a little. Not a real big deal. You bought overclocker's RAM and an overclocker's motherboard, so go for it!

Whenever my NF7 posts it shows about 1mhz (2mhz DDR) lower FSB speed. I dunno why...it just does. *Shrug*

PiP UK said:
Maxima88 - are you using XMS3500? I know its rated up to 434Mhz, which is why I stopped at that FSB. I'm pretty sure I've seen people who have gone higher - is that a good idea?

I'm a OC noob and dont want to fry anything...

BTW - its rated CAS2 5-2-2-2. I've got it running at 6-2-2-2.

Yeah, I'm using XMS PC3500 that's in my sig.

Here's a screenshot at 250fsb. I had my RAM timing at 11-3-3-2.5

Sandra%20Memory%20250fsb%203656.jpg

And as you can see, even Sandra shows a slightly different FSB speed. I had it set to 250 in the bios but sandra has it as 251fsb.
Weird.

quick question. I am getting the abit nf7-s and i want the version 2. How can i check at newegg if the abit board is the version 2

I'm 99.99% sure you'll get a Ver2.0 from newegg. It's been awhile since they last sold a non Ver2.0 nf7 or NF7-S mobo. I got a Ver 2.0 from them last thanksgiving week.

Folks - thanks for the replies! I'll relax my mem timings and see if I can hit 250.

Maxima88 - what sort of temps do you get running at 250FSB?

PiP UK said:
Maxima88 - what sort of temps do you get running at 250FSB?

My cpu temp reading from the bios and MBM5 is around 31c since I have my multi at 9x and vcore @ 1.7v whenever I go over 240fsb just to make sure my cpu isn't going to be the bottleneck.

I don't run my system @ 250FSB anymore since I've switched over to dual channel. I'd rather ran at 8-2-2-2 RAM tming at a lower FSB speed then ultra relaxed @ 250fsb.

Doh! I just hosed my machine trying out 225 - obviously too much for the mem. Luckily I've got a 74Gb Raptor on order so I had to get a new install anyway!

Cheers for all the info but I'll stick at 434FSB!

Back