• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NFS-7 V2 help needed (again)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PiP UK

Registered
Folks, I've posted here a few times now and have been reading through the forums for a few months.

I had my Barton 3200+ and NFS-7 V2 OCed to 434FSB with Corsair XMS3500cpt2 (6-2-2-2)- this was rock stable in all games at 1.8 voltage with 2.7 to VDIMM on Win XP pro.

I got a WD SATA Raptor 74Gb, and since a fresh install, I have been having stability probs.

I have tried reducing my OC, flashing to BIOS rev 21, but I still get crashes in COD and Max Payne 2. Both of these games run smooth as silk until the fateful crashes. I've patched Max Payne 2 to ver 1.1, but no joy. Also turned off AA and EAX, but still I get crashes.

I'm not sure if my problem realtes to my GFX card (9700pro or my OC).

Can anyone offer some advise ref 3200+ OC's?

I know its a bit of a garbled post, but some ideas would be great as this is really annoying the hell out of me.

When I get crashes, I get one of 3 things :

1.) In COD I get a grabled screen made up of rectangles.
2.) MP2 gives a blue screen (like the infinite loop bug when using an insufficient power supply).
3.) While playing MP2 my PC crahses and reboots.

I have a feeling its either the Cat 3.10's, or the fact that I'm drawing too much power for my OC.

BTW - I'm now running Win XP Home - not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Easy on the replies!

Well this looks to be an issue with the 2 games I have mentioned as I've found thousands of posts relating to crashes. That rules out my OC.

Back