• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Ultra Infinity mosfet/ram question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildfrogman

The mosfets seem a bit smaller on the DFI board than the Abit nf7 series so I was wondering about voltage regulation a bit. Also what ram works really good/doesnt work good. Preferably focusing on cheapish pc3200 512mb sticks of ram in dual channel.

Oh, well I want to know which board has better voltage regulation. Pictures that I have seen seem to show the abit nf7-s do have larger mosfets than the Dfi infinity board. And if either board had a preference concerning cheap pc3200 ram.

um the volage reg on the abit's is rather awsome...but what I have heard from people getting 260+ fsb on the dfi boards and 2.6ghz oc's I don't suppose the dfi is having a prob with voltage reg either heh:)

voltages fluctuate on almost every board, and adding heatsinks to the mosfets can help this on almost every board also.

tree is right, with most users hitting 230FSB no problem, and the majority of them hitting 250FSB or better, I don't think voltage regulation is much of an issue (on the LanParty A it seems to fluctuate too much, hence the newer revision of LP-B which the Infinity board shares the PCB design, BIOS, hardware)

Back