• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who owns a ultra KT600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have an kt600 ultra platinum. I just got it for xmas but have been unable to use it do to the fact ive run out of loot for the rest of the parts for my comp:( . I read all good reviews about it too, and it has all kinds of nifty features so i picked it up. You will have to let me know how yours does because as it looks now i wont get to use mine for awhile.

So far this board is nothing but goodness:)

Now I am comparing it to my old ECSk7s5a so the kt600 chipset definately outshines the sis chipset.
Visible results are: games run faster, Higher benchmarks more USB ports, fire wire(which I doubt i will ever make use of). All my parts play nice, easy O/C features, Anti cpu burn(in case my fan shuts down again:eek: ).

I would do my own review on this board for O/C.com if I was more experienced. Maybe someone else could..Hint Hint;)

Im gonna pick up a barton at the next comp show around here and see if i can get this up and running, i really want to try it out. hehe it will be the first time i can change anything other then the boot order in the bios:D . It dosent look like theres much love for the soyo around here:( owell, gonna have to start our own soyo following;)

Agreed!

As far as the rest of the crew here and SOYO...I posted questions about SOYO a week or so before I bought the board and no replies, so not too many users here? This may be the board that wil bring SOYO some attention. I still think most people here are Nforce fans and for good reason, but it seems this new kt600 chipset may be more stable and from benchmarks seems a better rounded board. I bet if the O/Cing was not on the dip switches than more people would notice the board...but than again, O/C'ing has become too easy to do these days...nice to have some old school fun and set dip switches again;)

P.S ya, hurry and get yer board set up so I can have somone to troublshoot w/ and O/C with.

Just an update, My games run Wicked fast on this board*. UT2003 has a much higher frame rate on highest settings and XMP-U2 plays much smoother on the highest settings!
I am one happy gamer:)

*this is in comparison to my old K7s5a Mobo.

just begining to put together my KT600 dragon UP and my 2400+ m 35w any advice from the soyo group here?

Thanks

Zetachi

I have that board with my xp1700 seems really dependable. i havent tryed o.c. it as of yet as i need it in case i mess something up on my other and have to get here for help.

i used to own one of those a long time ago. when i first had no idea about nforce and its oc'ing abilities and so forth i thought i was on top of the world. after doing some research i found out what a dumb decision i had made and the worst thing was that i paid retail for it :rolleyes: but if you are just looking for a system that will do the job and looking for budget then it can't be all that bad :p

nocturnal714 said:
i used to own one of those a long time ago. when i first had no idea about nforce and its oc'ing abilities and so forth i thought i was on top of the world. after doing some research i found out what a dumb decision i had made and the worst thing was that i paid retail for it :rolleyes: but if you are just looking for a system that will do the job and looking for budget then it can't be all that bad :p
Cover your ears and dont listen to him...he is trash talkin' :p
This is a VERY stable board and FAST too. It does an ok Job for O/C'ing but not as good as others out there. My roomate bought a Dragon KT600 as well he liked mine so much, he is happy he did. If you want to find more people using this board go to the PC perspective forums and look up SOYO MOBO's. You will get good feedback there. This forum is for people who like to push the envelope and the SOYO boards just dont pass inspection.

I don't know how I missed your post, I just posted a very similar topic.

One comment: everyone who has rendered a favorable opinion is not running 400mHz FSB. I have spent over 40 man hours trying to find memory/BIOS settings to get DDR400 memory to work with a 400FSB 3200+ XP.

If I run a 2600+ 266FSB, this mobo works fine.

Its just when you "turn up the wick," settings and compatibility become challenging.

I talked to tech at Soyo and he said in as many words that many CPU/memory combinations will not work. He had no suggestions to help solve my problem.

So, I posted to see if anyone is running 400FSB/3200+ on this mobo. Unfortunately, everyone in this thread is way backed off from that maxed out config.

If you are planning on 400FSB/3200+ I would seriously advise caution.

For the price its a fantastic board. It doesnt overclock very well nor does it have dual-channel. However if you are going on the cheap its good. <had one before my NF7>

Soyo KT600 Dragon UP and 2400+ 35w mobile cant get past Bios.

Help! Here is what I did. All Hardware set up. jumper set to off(default setting) PC boots and sees all drives. Go into BIOS set to load optimized defaults as suggested in manual. reboots one beep and then nothing.(power light on monitor goes from fast blink to slow blink CD/RW spins up) Now I need to clear CMOS and start again. Next I tried to set the jumpers for 11x multi again go into bios and set CPU to auto reboot nothing. Clear CMOS again. set FSB 200 reboot finally goes through but now it does not see drives. When I get into Bios vcore is set a 1.52 +12v is 12.28 temp is 31C. Am I doing something wrong or do I hust need to keep trying different settings. I've built a few PC's before but never used a mobile chip. I thought that it would at least get me through on defaults so i could load OS.

Any advice or help

Thanks

Zetachi

Zetachi:

Is that CPU a 200FSB? (note that the Soyo FSB is settable from 100-200 using their terminology, this corresponds to the 200-400 used by DDRxxx and PCxxxx)

Usually letting the board automatically and "by SPD" is the way to go.

There is one little amazing thing I discovered: Setting a Command Rate of 1T instead of the 2T default, eliminated a lot of "did not post" problems I had.

Passing memtest86+ v1.40 Test 5 was another story....

Ok this OC is killing me. I have it set @ 9x 200 auto and 1.45 vcore. When I set to manual 200FSB will not boot. Also @The present setting it takes @10 min to boot into windows (XP clean install) also when in windows everything is slow. Click on an app and it takes sometimes up to 2 min to open. if it opens at all lots of not responding errors. Issues. I know that one of my drives is bad (not the OS drive). I ran memtest and no errors. Any ideas as to the boot time/windows slowdown errors? and why cant I boot @ 9x 200fsb manually set. Gonna try flashing the bios tonight but anything else I can try?

Zetachi,

I did a quick look at XP Movile cpu identification and all I could find were chips that are 100 or 133 mHz (actual frequency) FSB.

The Soyo BIOS settings are in actual frequency.

When you say "200mHz" are you refering to actual frequency or twice actual frequency?

Back