• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X bios hang!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrKillington

I just bought an A7N8X rev 2 from newegg.
One of the RAM sticks appears to be bad, but that may be indicative of the problem I'm having with the mobo. When I change anything in the bios, then exit the bios (with or without saving changes) the monitor goes dead and never recovers. The power switch and reboot switches do nothing (unless I hold the power switch for five seconds) and when I do shut it off the hard way, when I come back it says that I need to check all the bios setting because it wasn't shut down correctly. I'm trying some stuff, but none of it seems to work. does anyone know about this?
[edit]
Something just occured to me. I have been keeping the same FSB and multiplier settings everytime I'm in the bios, but it's possible those are causing the problem. I'm going to check now, but I know that a 2800+ is supposed to run at 333 with a multiplier of 13.5... problem is, I only see 166mhz in the FSB settings. I was under the impression that a multiplier of 2 was applied to that, making 166 = 333mhz... so is 166 FSB right for a 2800+?

Nevermind, running it at 166 with a multiplier of 12.5 causes the chip to be recognized as a 2800+ and the bios to work fine. I have no idea why. Maybe my clock settings were wrong and it just had an averse reaction to my accidental overclocking.

Last edited:
eah, could be that you were overclocked too much by default and therefore it wouldn't boot correctly anymore.

Back