• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slow boot up XP/2k Fresh install 8rda+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hc000

I recently bought a new DVD +/- RW drive and when I installed it everything was fine. After I decided to update the firmware of the dvd drive problems started to occur.

Every time I reboot my computer sits at the loading Windows screen for at least 3 minutes before actually getting in windows.

I have then formatted my hdd and reinstalled windows XP AND 2000 many times. Both seem to freeze at the windows loading screen but everything seems fine after 3 minutes.

The same problem occurs when I remove my dvd drive and on a new hard drive. I came to the conclusion that the problem lies in the mobo (bios conflict ?) it self. I installed the new nForce 3.13 WinXP/2K drivers (because I lost my epox driver installation cd and I have to install that to get Internet)

I have contacted my DVD manufacturer (Pacific Digital) but they claim that no new firmware was ever released (Nec 1300a 1.09) and provided no solution I hope the people on this forum is able to provide better answers.

so you updated firmware and then it automatically started booting slower? does it continue this after you have taken out the dvd drive?

the only time i have had anything like this happen to me was with a 60gb wd hdd, any motherboard i put it on, master or slave, with or without the os, it takes 3~4 minutes to load windows but it works fine in windows

Back