• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABit NF7-S Sound quality problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beefpops

I just reinstalled my NForce drivers after a system restore, and the sound quality on my ABit NF7-S has dropped considerably when I play Halo. It sounds basically the same, but there is a bit of a tinny overlay to the sounds, especially the sharp sounds. What might be the problem?

Ive got something similar, with hgher fsb i get alot of distortion of noise. Im using the onboard soun function so im assuming that this is whats causing it but i dont know how to overcome it.
DoM

This is usualy casued by a heat issue. The SouthBridge on the mobo controls the onboard sound and when it gets too hot the sound might crackle and pop or loose quality. To fix this msot people just add a passive heatsink to the SB.

Where exactly would I find out how to add an SB heatsink? I have plenty of spares, I just need to find out where/how to mount it, etc.

The SB is a medium sized chip below the AGP slot and parallel with the 1st PCI slot on the mobo. It is a black chip and it should have an nvidia logo or something like that on it. It should say MCP-T or something. All you need is some epoxy and a heatsink. Put epoxy on the SB than put the heatsink on the chip and put some weight on it for a few hours and voila, you have a heatsink on ur SB.

Back