• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-s Dual channel memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkgonra

I just got in a second stick of mushkin 3200. I want to run in Dual Channel mode do I need to re-format before I do it ?

No need to reformat your HD when adding another stick of RAM. Your system will automatically detect it.

Use DIMM slots 1&3 or 2&3. When you reboot, it should say on the first boot screen that Dual Channel is enabled.

Yeah, no need to reformat or change anything, really. Just pop it in and go.

Maxima - does 1&3 vs. 2&3 make any difference?

no, 1&3 or 2&3 haven't seemed to matter. they both give dual channel. in terms of performance, some people *claim* that they get better oc ability from 1&3 vs the manual's recommendation of 2&3, but, those cases are far and few between.

as reference, i use 1&3 (i tried 2&3, but got same results) only so that there's more space in between the two sticks for "better" airflow (better in quotes, because clearly it's hardly significant).

I haven't noticed any performance difference when using 1&3 or 2&3. In fact, I'm using all 3 slots right now and still @ dual channel mode.

I hooked up 1 & 3 ( had to remove my HD to get to slot 3 :mad: )

It works great. Thanks guys.

Back