• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7 and low sys fan rpm warnings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jambaa

Registered
I get this annoying beeping every time I use Uguru to moniter my temps because my 120mm sys fan can only reach 1950 rpm, short of the 2000 rpm lower limit. There's got to be a way to fix this, does anybody know how? I already have the latest bios release. Thanks.

In the AbitEQ program click on the "monitor settings" button and adjust the threshold on the fan in question. Looks like you can set it to a minimum of 1000RPM which will stop that alarm from going off.

Thanks, I tried that but the lower limit for my sys fan is at 2000?

Hey, I did some hunting around the registry, you might be able to accomplish what you want by looking in the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ABIT\HardwareMonitor\ai7Preference\FAN3

There's some values called "HiBound" and "HiLimit" and "LoBound" and "LoLimit". I'm not sure which one you want to edit but its worth a shot.

Thanks Arch, I tried that too earlier, but just in the config files in the uguru folder I made. Anyways, after 2 uninstalls and reinstalls of the updated uguru, it's working well. Thanks again for your help.

wow, thats so much better, my sys fan is just a tad bit below 2700 rpm, and every time opened uguru the alarm would go off. i never bothered to mess with it because it got on my nerves and i couldnt stand it

I used the AIdef.ini files in the Uguru folder to completely disable my cpu fan settings as I am watercooled. The setting for the sys fan is there somewhere too. Just make sure you back it up before you start messing around that way you can always replace it if needed. One other thing, after you alter the setting in the aidef file you have to go into the monitor settings in EQ and push the default and apply button.

Back