• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pump in a resevoir????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murdok5

Im building a new WC system...this is my first....instead of a T-line.....could i find a pump that is in a resevoir? do they make those?? ill either be putting it at the bottom of my case....or if possible in 2-5 1/4 bays.

also what is the best radiator to cool a 3.2EE, NB, and 9700 Pro? size is somewhat of an issue

mike

its possible but i think you would have to make your own res. it wouldnt fit in a 5/14 bay without taking up like 3 slots. as for the ee, i would say caprice core if you can fit it. if you cant, id say a chevette and drop either the gpu or northbridge. thats a lot of heat to dispatch.

I wanted to put my pump in with my res for a few reasons: sound, no worries of leaking, plenty of flow and space. I thought an electrical box would be great then I found this article. Although most likely I had seen the article before then had my idea. Either way I have this part built and ready to rock. I have run a ton of water through this and I am so happy. I drilled the hole for the barbs at 3/4" and just threaded them in no leaks :) I need to find out how to get some picture hosting so I can post my rig when its done and would be nice to show what I can.

I had the same homemade res w/ a via1300 running in it:

wc.jpg

It was a tight fit and I had to hack the pump up a bit but it worked out in the end.

Back