• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech 22501A kit, Hydrocool or custom for my mobile 2500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaddyB

Ever since I got my mobile 2500 the slk-800 and 50cfm+ fan just don't seem to cut it, I need some better cooling and air cooling doesn't get much better...So I guess I'll have to start watercooling.

As the title implies, I'm looking for some advice on which setup to go with. The swiftech kit or corsair Hydrocool will be much easier for me to get up here in Canada but I need something a lot better then the slk800 and am not sure that a kit can cut it. For now I only intend to WC the CPU, maybe the vid card later (not the northbridge.... ever). I'm leaning toward the swiftech kit yet I have read that the hydrocool is the best "watercooling in a box" setup you can get.

According to the water cooling rankings on the front page the switech block is decent but is the kit (as a whole - pump, rad etc) going to be able to keep my CPU below, say, 40c at idle with 2volts Vcore (100watts+) and possible summertime ambient temps of 27c?

I can always upgrade the block later if need be but is the rest of the kit going to be good enough? I don't need the best setup, just something to keep my CPU at decent temps. I know the hardcore watercoolers are going to say custom kit all the way but I just want something substantially better then my slk800, not necessarily the best there is.

TIA

Both kits are good, but the only thing I'd upgrade personally on the Swifty would be that rad. It works fine, but there's always better out there.

Do you want an internal or external rig? That's what it boils down to. They'll both keep your chip cool in the summer just fine.

I dont care if its internal or external really, I only care about temps although I can see the hydrocool getting in the way when I lug my case around to do some modding.

I think I'll prolly go with the swiftech kit then and get a heatercore and maybe a new block from dangerden somewhere down the road if I need to, as long as I'm not idling at 48c like I am now Ill be happy (mind you it's an Abit board so my temps may be a tad lower).

Thanks

Back