• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best custom BIOS for NF7-S 2.0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tekOC

I've been reading through this forum and I've seen a few different CUSTOM BIOS's that people are using.

I wouldn't mind hooking my 2nd system up with a nice BIOS with more/better options, whatever makes it better. Can you guys recommend some?

I have a ABIT NF7-S 2.0 no mods, XP1700 DLT3C JIUHB 0310WMWP stepping, Thermalright SLK-800(A), TT SmartFan II, Powmax 550W power supply, TI4200 (soon to be Radeon 9700np), Corsair XMS 1x512MB PC3200 CH-5 RAM, Seagate Barracude 40GB 7200.2 HDD, two intakes, one outtake, Lite-ON 52x writer, Lite-ON 16x DVD-Rom

Not that most of that information matters but hey what the hell, the more info the easier it is to figure out something.

Thanks guys!

P.S. I've seen TicTac bios, and PR34CH34 bios so far.

Last edited:
I use the Tic Tac.. d22 Alpha1 betaking.. Works well..gets rid of the 10 and 10.5 multi problem at high fsb's..and also tweaks some timings and gives me better sandra memory scores..

I've just searched the forums *my bad I should've done it b4 this thread* but I still cant find where to download tictac's BIOS' !

I'm at his forums right now and I still cant find download links.

Any help? And I see he has a bunch of versions, latest one should be OK.

Sentential said:
However, his temp calibration for the CPU is a little kiltered :-/

Other than that she's runnin like a dream!

If his temps are a little off in bios will that be the same reading that mbm gives ? like would that be higher also ?

I use an Aerogate anyways just curious.

Thx
Thunda

If I were you I would use PR3ACH3RS newest bios untill he releases his revized one with the multi fix. His bios's have much more work put into them as you can see and just feel the difference. Tictac just copy and pastes code while PR3ACH3R takes the time to test his work thurally, and the code he adds in is actuall CODE he worked on...not copy and paste. His temps are actually LOWER (not just thru bios, physically LOWER) and it still performs better. I did a test and the latest pr3ach3r bios gets 8350/3470 @ 166x13.5 vs 8180/3380 @ 166x13.5 with tictacts D22 alpha1. The memory scores are also about 50 points better...

The best way to know which bios work best with ur mobo is just to test all of emm...

There r 3 custom bios out there:
Equito Modded
Preacher Modded
Tictac Modded

Coz bios may act in difference way with diff hardware.... :)

And for my modded bios(tictac)
I have some collection of the bios....

And for the temperature reading not sure about it... as i only received this problem from sentinel...

All of my modded bios have been tested SAFE...

And u should know who my beta tester...
they r among top nf7 series overclockers... :)
Shroomalistic :
Highest FSB achivement: D10 Beta2 272MHz x 8 Dual Channel
Spec: Watercooling ,Twinmos 43B
Rgone :
Highest fsb achivement : Original D10 bios 254MHz x 10.5 (Sandra 4K)
Spec: Twinmos 43B/BH5s , Air Cooling
Spaceboy :
Highest fsb achivement :260MHz (D10)
Spec: BH5s
Adaztra :
Highest fsb achivement : 233MHz x 10
Spec: BH5s
Dani
Highest FSb achivement : 265MHz x 8 (d22Alpha1)
Spec: BH5s , 80watt peltier cooling on Northbridge

Nice to work with them.....
And i used to be NF7 overclockers to.... my highest oc... 242MHz multi 10 on Equito D10 4227 Sata.....

p/s:
Dont be too short mindded with old school thing stuck in head...

Last edited:
And for the temperature reading not sure about it... as i only received this problem from sentinel...

Your newest one (Alpha rev2) fixed the issue for me. I dont know why the other ones didnt:confused:.

At this point it really dosnt matter. Your BIOS are good enought that I have gone out to buy an Aerogate so I can get exact temps.

There is no way in hell I'm gonna use someones elses BIOS simply cuz the temps are off in some of your versions:D

I figured I would try one of TicTac's modded bios on my NF7 v2.0. D22A1BK-TURBO-4247 bios to be exact.

Before, I couldnt uses the 10-1.5 multi's at anything over 200fsb. Now I can run 230x10 @1.825v with no problems.

I have no doubts they work.:)

*WOOT*

After updating to this Uber bios, I decided to try my santa cruz turtle beach sound card again. For those that dont know, I could never get it to work with my NF7 for some reason.

Now it does! :clap: :attn: I dont know why it does now and never did before, but I dont really care. I have changed nothing in my system since I last tried to get this sound card to work except TicTacs bios.

Keep up the awesome work!:beer: :burn:

Tony420 said:
If I were you I would use PR3ACH3RS newest bios untill he releases his revized one with the multi fix. His bios's have much more work put into them as you can see and just feel the difference. Tictac just copy and pastes code while PR3ACH3R takes the time to test his work thurally, and the code he adds in is actuall CODE he worked on...not copy and paste. His temps are actually LOWER (not just thru bios, physically LOWER) and it still performs better. I did a test and the latest pr3ach3r bios gets 8350/3470 @ 166x13.5 vs 8180/3380 @ 166x13.5 with tictacts D22 alpha1. The memory scores are also about 50 points better...

Say what? I don't believe you can judge how much work went into either bios. Preacher changed around the menu's and added a splash screen. You think that took more work than the months and months that tic tac has been working on the 10/10.5 multi problem?

Lemak, You have HUGE props from me for fixing this problem. You did what abit couldn't/wouldn't. I LUV YOU MAN! :D.

J.

actually he didnt just change the menu, if you actually used it you would see it reads your cpu differently(correctly), and the tempatures are 5-10c lower, and not just readouts...actuall temps are lower, while still getting better cpu scores...and tictac didnt even actually FIX the issue, he just got around it by using the OLD SIP table...

i have used it. thanx though. :D. I used it for quite a while. Until my bios screens became completely corrupted. Coudln't read a thing until windows loaded. Great indeed. and yup, the cpu temps were REPORTED as being about 7 degrees lower. Howerver my probe showed zero difference. BTW, my cpu was allways "read" correctly. I am saying absolutely nothing against pr3ach3r. I'm only saying it's wrong of you to say people should be using his bios over tic tacs because he "worked harder" on it. People should use whatever bios works better for them. I noticed absolutely zero difference in my O/C using pr3ach3rs bios. The only problem i've ever had with my nf7 is the 10, 10.5 prob. Tic Tac deserves major props for fixing that problem. If you want to continue this pointless arguement send me a PM or something, but lets not continue it here ay?.

J.

juliendogg said:
i have used it. thanx though. :D. I used it for quite a while. Until my bios screens became completely corrupted. Coudln't read a thing until windows loaded. Great indeed. and yup, the cpu temps were REPORTED as being about 7 degrees lower. Howerver my probe showed zero difference. BTW, my cpu was allways "read" correctly. I am saying absolutely nothing against pr3ach3r. I'm only saying it's wrong of you to say people should be using his bios over tic tacs because he "worked harder" on it. People should use whatever bios works better for them. I noticed absolutely zero difference in my O/C using pr3ach3rs bios. The only problem i've ever had with my nf7 is the 10, 10.5 prob. Tic Tac deserves major props for fixing that problem. If you want to continue this pointless arguement send me a PM or something, but lets not continue it here ay?.

J.

Well said..and this really shouldnt be a arguement.. It really comes down to using which ever bios works well for your setup.. And I give ANYONE props for modding bios on their own free time for us to use.. :D

Tic tac bios 22

I was using bios 21 from abit when I read about this bios in the forums. I was running an xp2500 at 11x227 very stable. I downloaded the 22 bios and installed it. I had to lower my FSB to 210 to boot. Well I flashed back to the Abit 21 and my system would not boot into windows at any speed it just sat there after updating the SSD or something, it would not show me the windows boot screen. I am running 2 raptors in raid 0 and I notice the 22 bios changed to SATA bios to 2.47. and the 21 bios changes the SATA bios to 2.23 or something like that.

Why can't I go back to the 21 bios. If I hang a drive on the ATA primary the system boots but the SATA drive will not boot, and they are the primary boot in the bios.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Dennis

Alot of peeps where having problems with bios that has the 4243 bios ...I never had the problem.. I would think flashing back to a previous bios would fix it but maybe not.. sorry I cant help ya more.. someone will know tho..

yes, try flashing back to D18, then flash to what you want from there. I had the same problem with D22, went back to D21 from there and had the problem you describe. I flashed back to D18. Right now i'm using tic tacs bios.

J.

Back