• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8K3A+ and 2500+ and 1800XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_uncle

Hy, I'm newby here. I believe you guys can help me.
I've been running my system for the last 1.5 year without any problems. My conf is: Epox 8K3A+, 1800XP 133, PC 2100 RAM, Geforce 2 GTS, etc..
Las week my graphics board started to present problems. I tryed cleaning contacts, checking other superficial signals and decided to change it. I replaced it with a Radeon 7500, but while installing the system boot alone, ops short circuit.
Now the computer wont post with a C1 message. After turning it on and off during post, it post recognize the CPU as AMD Athlon 1000MHz and go straith to the message: Changed CPU, go to BIOS and fix. I do that and it wont post again only after the routine on and off.
I went shopping and got a 2500+, a TT Silent Boost, and a new PS just in case.
Installed the new processor and now the computer do not post at all, no video no sound only fans wotking, not even the post display or HDs spinning.
What do you think is happening ?
my mobo is bad,
my 1800XP and the new 2500+ are bad,
both my PS are crap ?

Help me please.
Thanks

Back