• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What program is best for drawing 3d images?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yamiyanazz

Yeah...I was thinking it was Auto Cad or soemthing, but I might be wrong. What is the best program for drawing 3d images that you can export as like a jpg or soemthing. I hope you understand what I'm trying to ask, because I'm on the phone with my girlfriend and I'm kinda like a celeron...no good at multi-tasking. thanks.

Do you mean schematic 3D drawings, or 3D people/objects/scenes?

For drawings, I'd assume AutoCAD would work fairly well (never used it, but CAD probably is what you want).

For other stuff, you'd want a rendering program like Bryce, Maya, 3dsMax, Terragen, etc.

JigPu

Okay. Off the phone. I saw earlier of people rendering 3d images of computer parts that they drew in a 3d program. The drew Hard Drives, CPU, CD-ROM, just a bunch of stuff...then they exported an image. They also drew fans, but had problems getting the blades to work right. I'm just wondering what is a good program that I can enter shapes and create a three-dementional image of something like my speaker or an idea I have of something I want to build. Thanks.

Probably some kind of CAD software then. I only took 1 semester of CAD in High School, and never got around to creating 3d models that were pictures, so I can't help you much :( However, I've seem some stuff like that here on the forums so I'm sure somebody can! :)

JigPu

The thread can be found here

Glancing threw the first few pages they mentioned these software titles.

AutoCAD 2002 and various other verisons 04/05 ETC...
3ds Max 4
Maya 5 Learning Edition
Milkshape 3D
Autodesk Inventor 6

I'm sure there is more but i only made it to page 2.

Slaughter

Back