• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need case reccommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metsrule3186

hey, im looking to setup a water cooling system but have never modified a case before and wanted to know which cases would be good to use that dont require modification. i was originally planning on getting a coolermaster wave master case but i have searched the forums and found that people cannot fit the radiators/ heatercores in them without making adjustments. i am looking for a case that preferably has external usb and firewire ports, and maybe sound ports, and also has a side window.

i don't think there is any case that can fit a heatcore without some slight adjustments..
My Antec plusview AMG1000 fits a heatercore in front if i take out the second 3.5" bay (which is as easy as drilling through the bolts that hold it). (same with the chieftech dragon)
waht you COULD do is get a BIX or just a black ice, which are smaller, and get a sonata which has a 120mm fan space in the back. simply screw the heatercore to the fan, then the fan to the case and ur done, no modifications what so ever.

How hard would it be to remove the side-way hard drive mounts in the Antec Sonata/3700BQE/P160? Then you could put a heatercore there and move the hard drives to the floppy cage.

Silent Buddha said:
How hard would it be to remove the side-way hard drive mounts in the Antec Sonata/3700BQE/P160? Then you could put a heatercore there and move the hard drives to the floppy cage.

That's exactly what I did... If you only have 2 HDDs then I suggest you do that... then again you might need that HDD cage.

would it be a big deal to use a small radiator instead of a heatercore and if i were to use one would that work inside a coolermaster case. also i have seen people create a fan hole in the top of the case and put a radiator there. is that hard to do cause i think it looks pretty cool. and would there be a tutorial on doing it somewhere.

Back