• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something seems wrong with this memory BW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craig588

I can do over 5000MBs when I'm at 240MHz with 2-2-2 timings, but my friend can only do 4300MBs when he is at 270MHz with 3-4-4 timings.

This is in sandra, but theres problems in other tests too. In 3dmark01 he only gets 13K with a 2.4C at 270FSB in 1:1. (I forgot the exact chip clock speed) while I was getting 21K with a 2.4C at 291MHz FSB and 3.5GHz with the ram in 5:4 with 2-2-2 timings. He does have a r9500pro, but I dont think thats entirly the reason for him losing 8 thousand points.

I went through and configured his bios for him just like mine is setup. (We have the same mobo) He doesnt have any apps running in the background or anything like that.

Anyone have any ideas? Or are timings just THAT important?

timings do make a big difference but thats way too low. i just finished a bm with my fsb-mem 1-1 at 260 and i got 5900,

did 2 more test with sandra and got 5800-5900

it sounds like hes running single channel..

He is definatly running in dual channel. He has the sticks in slots 1 and 3, and is says dual channel mode enabled on start-up, and in cpu-z.

really sounds as if dc is not working.. if u check maxvla's komusa post. he tested in single channel and got about 45-4600 at 300-1-1. oh yeah almost forgot is he testing buffered or unbuffered? cause unbuffered will give u lower scores..

Back