• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about the antec super lanboy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well since it looks like too much modding will be needed to barely fit the pump which is farely large along with the resevoir so i think i might get a cheiftec dragon or an antec soho server case
but i don't like the whole fact that they're not 120mm fan ready

I want to see some people with modded super lanboys. this case rules... sad to see the drive bays go as they are pretty nicely mounted, but.... come on. the case looks great and there are already two 120 mm mounts made for it. this case just screams for watercooling.

Ha, that is my pic of the superlanboy you guys are looking at. And i can tell you by pics it is hard to tell how much room is left in a case. It looks a little a differnet now because i cleaned up the wiring and made better use of my space. I will say it was a liltle of a pain getting everthing to fit properly but once in i was able to clean and wrap some wires so it looked a lot cleaner and had more room to breath. PM me if you want new pics of the setup.

Temps are 39idle 44 prime95 load
case temps vary between 32-35 celcius

Keep clocking

Here are the Pics; Sorry dial up dudes.

CoolRig4.gif

CoolRig3.gif

CoolRig5.gif

CoolRig8.gif

CoolRig.gif

CoolRig2.gif

I just drilled the rivets out ... no major cutting involved in the mod. I used a pair of tin snips to make a bracket for the pump. It took me an afternoon to put this rig together. The case is easy to mod for water cooling. I now think that the Super Lan Boy is one of the best cases for water cooling. Note that the pump is easy to stealth and there is more than enough room to use a Chevette heater core.

DUDE! your pump placement is SUCH a good idea! i like that setup , its nice and clean, and doesnt compromise too mcuh of the case itself. its a shame to lose the side drive mount rails though. i wonder if i can save them, although, just move them up a little.. I can always bolt them to the top of the case i suppose. curious.

Thanks Valk. I didn't see anyway to keep the drive rails but the floppy drive bay works for mounting the HD.

Im kind of considering modding the existing drive rails to fit in the FDD spaces instead, just bolted to the front, and the 5 1/4" bays. not sure though, the hard drive cage has those airflow channels in it that would make that hard, especially since i want to use the CHC. I guess the floppy rails work though, just dont look quite as leet, nor are they as convenient to stuff away all the ide cables and power cables. that space behind the drive cage on mine is like, the repository of cabling in my case, cables come out from beside the floppy cage on mine to their destinations.
with a pump there, redistributing power cables willl be more challenging.

I just ran the IDE cables under the board...not very easy to replace but how often is that really necessary. As for the others you can see where they went.

Back