• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM burn-in? YES/NO/HOW?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tony420

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM, BEFORE I GET ADDE
Should I burn-in my RAM? If so how would I go about doing it, and would it really matter if I do or dont? Im aiming for 250FSB with my Mushkin PC3500 LVL2, I can feed it up to 3.3V, and I have a NF7-S 2.0. Somone please tell me if I should run it at a certain speed for a while so I can run other speeds

You're never going to get a straight answer; most people are pretty polarized to the burn-in subject. You'll have people who swear to it, and people who will swear against it. You will likely find only a scant few who are stuck somewhere in the middle.

I personally have never experienced any performance difference from burning a part in. The logical side of my brain is pretty set on believing that non-moving parts aren't going to go ANY faster if you artificially degrade them using excessive voltage.

That doesn't mean my opinion is right, but that's my $0.02 nevertheless.

ya thats what I usually think, well anyway...both of these sticks I got from mushkin suck balls, one cant pass 220fsb and it needs like 3 or more volts to get there, it cant even do the rated speeds at the rated volts...the second one can only do 225 tops and it needs like over 3 volts too. Im ****ed off at these sticks...I am unlucky with BH5 so far. I kinda just wanna get my money back and get the ADATA PC4000 that I was gonna get in the first place since that gaurantees my 250FSB that my mobo/cpu can do with room to spare

If it won't do it's rated speed at rated volts, that's an instant RMA in my book. I'm absolutely unforgiving if a part can't even do it's rated capacity right out of the box.

The Komusa is great stuff, I love mine :D But it won't do tight timings like you would get from BH5.

Back