• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tell Me What I Need

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Need something that will preferably do cas 2 at 235-240fsb 1:1 around 2.8 volts, or at worst cas 2.5. What's my best bet?

Winbond BH5 chips. You can find sticks here If you're trying to do this with an AMD system, be sure to get a DFI Infinity motherboard as they do 250+ without any modification with tight timings.

~THT

This is on an Intel 875 board. You know it's funny I had some cosair xms 3500 that I bought almost a year ago, and it would hit 225 cas 2 at 2.8 volts, but I just recently bought some of the stuff that's supposedly BH5 in that extreme systems list, and these sticks won't even do 210 cas 2.

Last edited:
No this is a different board and chip (IC7G and 3.4) but it will hit 242 with the 5:4 ratio no problem. The board only goes up to 2.8 volts - sure wish it had the same voltage options as the AI7 - that was a sweet overclocker, but the socket being turned half sideways prevented it from working well in my vapochill.

Back