• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

98/xp dual boot laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barn_Angel

i have a laptop, XP home. i want it to dual boot with XP and 98SE. its for a customer, but i cant seem to make it work.

problem is it comes iwht restore disks insead of an xp install disk. So, i have to "restore" it, then isntall 98.

i have partition magic, but it doesnt seem to help...i HAD it set with 2000 on it, and XP also, but now it wont boot to iether, and there was never a menu. Any ideas as to how i may be abel to pull this off?

The problem is that you have to install the older windows version first and since you don't have an install disk, I don't know how you can reinstall XP.

actually, i do have a 98 disk ,and it diddnt make it any weasyer :p

i think you meant XP disk., which di make itt easyer. i gave in and told the person they'd have to buy XP pro to do it, and they just happened to have, a valid, unused copy, laying around. after the shock i installed it and its...okay. hard to find 98 drivers for a toshiba XP laptop tho :p

Back