• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help getting momory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ryan T

Hey guys. Its finally time for me to get some real memory. Heres my current setup.

ASUS P4PE
1.8A Ghz P4 at 2.4 Ghz
1 stick of crucial PC2100 256 MB (OUCH barely runs windows)
Audigy 2 ZS gamer
Sapphire 9500 Np (red PCB)

So i have around $170 for a 512 MB stick of ram. I want to upgrade my CPU to the 3.0C in a while and i want to get a 9800 Pro but i need memory first. So I was thinking I should probably go with Corsair XMS PC3200LL or PC3200C2 but i dont know if thats the best choice. I also saw this PC3200LLPRO that looks intersting but i couldnt find any info on it here. My mobo say it only supports up to PC2700 but i've been told i can get DDR400 to work is this true or am i stuck with PC2700? Thanks for the help guys.

Ryan

I just went over to Kingston to look your board up. It says you can take PC3200. Go over there & do a search, see what they suggest- then price shop for it.

Well i did some searching around and i'm considering upgrading my mobo also. Since my mobo doesnt support 8X APG or dual channel DDR i think it might be worth the upgrading. Plus once i get my CPU/GC/memory upgraded i can buy a new moob and i'll almost have enough parts for a second computer :D. If i do get a new mobo it will likely be the ASUS P4C800 E dlx so it will have dual channel ddr. Should i consider getting corsair XMS twin X like these?

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80092-14

I'm just kinda thinking out load here, let me know what you think.

Ryan

I'm sure those sticks will do you well, and i don't think many people have anything bad to say about Crucial.

Back