• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New NF7-S Ver2 not like old one :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THunDA

Ok guys im kinda looking for suggestions..

Recently Ive tried to vmod my nf7-s and killed it kinda.. So I purchased a new one and its not running no where near like my old one.. In the begining I was thinking my cpu was dying but now I think its the mobo..

Settings I used to run with old mobo..

11.5*220 @ 1.725vcore 11-2-2-2 @ 2.9vdimm 1.5vdd

This used to be rock stable with prime and anything I threw at it..
Now the same settings just dont work.. Ive tried..

11*220 @ 1.8vcore 11-2-2-2 @ 2.9vdimm 1.5vdd-->>1.7vdd
also tried this setting with 11-3-3-2.5 still no good

12*210 @ 1.8vcore 11-2-2-2 @ 2.9vdimm 1.6vdd no good

I did have the L12 in but that didnt make a difference either so I took it out .... Also I have a bios savior and have tried many bios even TicTac's.. The only difference that I see between the mobo's is the old one had a metal arm on the cpu socket and the new one is plastic..

Last night I left it priming @ 12.5*200 ..1.75vcore 11-2-2-2 2.8vdimm 1.6vdd and it ran for 9 hours so I left it going today while im at work.. But I think thats stable ..

Now I appreciate any suggestions except voltmodding.. If thats my only hope then I might decide to send it to someone to have them do it.. but for now playing farcry is more important for me and Ive had to much down time as it is ..lol I think I shoulda picked up a DFI since they are easier to get higher fsb's.. :( but I figured I know this mobo already and picked it up..

Well thanks for any help ..

Thunda

Back