• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7v8x-x fsb cause of corruption?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jo3

yah, last night my volcano 9 fan just started to die. on auto-sensing it was randomly speeding up and slowing down while idling, so i knew something was up. turn off the comp put the fan on full boar and it spins at like 1000rpm literally and wabling. so the fan was shot. along with that the mobo temps were around 34-36 average idling, so i put on a new chipset cooler. when i booted back up into windows using a antec high cfm low rpm case fan and with the cpu running around 1.666ghz. i turned the comp off and went into bios and changed the cpu specs to 9.5x200. i dont even know why i did it, i should have remembered the pci bridge issue but i didnt...anywho when i got into windows it was telling me there had been a registry error and that the windows had fixed it and what not. i soon after realized i should really turn down the fsb. when i did i went to go back into windows and boom, restart. MUP.sys is corrupt. so now im kinda screwed D:

was it the mobo's fsb that did it?

and ive fixed a friends comp when he had the same error(for different reason though) through the repair feature in windows xp pro setup(not repair console), but for some reason i cant get to that screen now. is there anything i can do so i dont lose the past 9 months of pictures and digital movie editing and stuff?

It sounds like you have corrupted your OS. If all else fails, get another hard drive and load your new OS on it. When all in fine, add your old hard drive as slave and start transfering files to new hard drive. At least this way you can save your files.

yah, i went though last night and overinstalled windows and went back in. it let me get all the files so that was good but it ran like total *** so it took awhile to transfer the files.

rofl but i still have an antec 2800rpm fan on my volcano 9 hs. rofl

cpu downclocked to 1750mhz idling at 43º

Back