• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there only 2 Vmods for the NF7-S??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tic-tac I got a few questions to ask of you.... First off:

4th-Method.JPG

I have 0 soldering skills and plan on doing ALL of these mods this weekend.

I chose this method cuz its larger than anything Ive seen thus far.

All of these volt-mods are safe right? Anything I need to heasink after these mods?

Ive heard that the VTT mod can overheat somethin. I have HS at my disposal. I only need to know what is heats up.

Plz point meh in the right direction.... I like meh NF7 too much too kill it:(

cool down the vbt mosfet(The balck chip with 8 legs) its near the dimm slot 3 beside the 3 caps(2 big + 1 smaller caps)

tested by : takatadome from Lowyat.net... SAFE

Hmm...I was originally only going to do the vdimm mod from behind the motherboard. Should I do the other two? I already have the vdd "mod" with the lead on resister (from motherboardfaq)

I'm sorry if this is a noob question and I've tried looking for it in the other thread in the malaysia forum, but what does the vdd booster mod do?

jlin453 said:
I'm sorry if this is a noob question and I've tried looking for it in the other thread in the malaysia forum, but what does the vdd booster mod do?

So is it stablize vdd voltage after you do the other mod? So I would have to do this mod and them do the Vdd mod at this LINK

So I have to do both?

What does the Vtt mod do?

I emailed tictac to ask him a few questions. I don't think you can do all three. I think if you do

1st Method you can't do the 3rd Method a)Vdimm Mod Mr Dirty_Punk Ways I think the 3rd Method just powers your dimm with 3.3v and you can't change it like you can with the 1st Method.

I also want to know what 3rd Method b) Vdd Booster Mr Dani Ways does for 1st Method? Or do you do just one or the other.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I was wondering the same.

If you get aresponse back from Tic Tac can you post it or give a brief of it here?

I dont think all three can be done on the same board either.
I d really like to see what mods are taking people further.

Later

Wardog

oK

Ill try them this weekend I might start sooner.
For some reason one stick of my RAM hasrecently startedgiving me problems.
So I may have to get results with one256MB stick while the other gets RMAed.

Later

Back