• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K7N2 Delta-L and AMD XP 2800+ Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kris_MuadDib

Hello, I have got mainboard msi k7n2 delta-l and athlon Xp 2800+ Barton processor. He works on 12,5 X 166 Mhz = 2083 Mhz
I'd like to adjust the CPU Ratio to 13, maybe 14 but i cant !
I find something at TOMSHARDWARE website but that doesn't work (locked LC3 by connect pins) My K7N2 Delta-L has the newest bios (5.7).
Mainbord oryginally generate Ratio from 7x to 13x , but if i change my 12.5x to anything else , my comp does not want start.
My configurration is below....please help

----------------------------
Sorry for my english but i'm from Poland

MSI KN72 DELTA-L , ATHLON XP 2800+ BARTON, 512 MB DDR400 KINGMAX, 160 GB HDD, GeFORCE 2 MX 200 PCI 32Mb vRAM

your cpu most likely has a locked multiplier... how recently did you buy it? do you have the stepping info etc? problem is not your motherboard, i can almost say 100% it is your chip.

yes, i read yesterday something about multiplier. And now i know that my processor is Locked [ it is from 52 week ! :( ]
Thanks for reply.

I also have that same mobo witha 2400+, although a really nice board, when it comes to overlocking, it's a mixed bag. I have problems changing the multiplier and voltage. My comp doesn't start when I mess with the settings to a degree. I've never tried the wire trick, but a lot of peopel say it's essential to get some really good speeds.

If your cpu is unlocked you will even need the wire trick to access multipliers of 13x and more if your stock multi is below 13x, and viceversa, this is because the multiplier encription that the board can understand.

i have done the wire trick but my cpu is not hard locked!
it works, i run 11x200 right now, no problems at all, but my mainboard almost the same as you have but it is delta-ilsr the card seems to be hard to overclock

Back