• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Placement Relative to Condensor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreammmatt

Hi all! The chiller i am designing has one major design flaw: in order to fit everything in the case nice and neat, i need to have the compressor inbetween the condensor and the fan. Now, before you flip out and immediately say that will impede the airflow through the condensor like a b@sta, the case its self is going to act as a air duct, and the only air intakes are behind the condensor, so...now you may pass judgement - - what do u think? will this be sufficient? i could post a pic if anyone's having problems visualizing what i just described.

Thanx
Dreammmatt

yeah that would work fine. Just make sure everything is sealed up tight otherwise you will lose precious cfm through the condensor. Another suggestion is to try and put as much space in between the condensor and the compressor. Air follows the same rules that it takes the path of least resistance. So if the compressor is to close to the condensor it will be restrictive and thus the airflow will not be even through the fins of the condensor.

Back