• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 64 CG vs. C0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

topslop1

There is a DTR model of AMD 64 for sale on newegg's site. Is this going to be implimented into the desktop models soon or is this just a notebook intended processor that you can put into your A64 motherboard? I'm interested in the results of these so if anyone has them please respond. I hear that they are CG stepping which is better for overclocking when compared to the C0 (regular desktop model). I also know that they have a removed heatspreader which can give 5-10ºC cooler a temperature. I'm interested in it but I was looking more towards spending $200 - $215 for the 3000+ oem and this is only in a 3200+ model at $275. If there was a 3000+ model around the lower cost I would jump all over it.

So if anyone knows more about this I would appreciate hearing about it.

Side note: What is the differnece between the newcastle and the clawhammer core?

kulki said:
My rough estimate is that extra Cache along will get you between 5-10% jump.

No where near that, sorry. I have a a64 3000+ and I put together the same system (see sig) except for using an a64 3200+ for a friend. the difference between the two is miniscule if non existent 90+% of the time. Save your money: the only way you'll get a noticable difference is with an FX chip, and maybe a a64 3400+. Maybe.

Cheers,

D

Back