• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vapochill stand alone version and a AOPEN H700B??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mat6704AMD

Registered
I have been wanting to get a vapochill for some time now and I have come across a little less expensive way to go. I wanted to get your opinions if you think the vapochill setup could fit in a AOPEN H700B case. I was thinking about taking the top hard drive cage above the PSU out and but was not sure if the condenser or compressor could fit there. Any ideas would greatly help me. The link to newegg.com's pictures is below. Thanks guys

http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage...41-05.JPG/11-130-141-08.JPG/11-130-141-09.JPG

well.. i know that this probably not going to be much help but. i saw a guy with vapochill system, he had it in a metal box that was bolted on under his PC. i thought that it was a really slick idea. he had a hole cut in the bottom of his case and the tubing for the system went up and attached to the system.

Putting a vapo below the cpu will hurt its performance, the vapo, unlike the prommy has an open chamber evap and relies on flooding the evap to work efficiently. So the comperssor must be above the evaporator(the part that attaches to the cpu), yes it would work with the unit below, but your temps would be no where near what they should be.

Zork said:
Putting a vapo below the cpu will hurt its performance, the vapo, unlike the prommy has an open chamber evap and relies on flooding the evap to work efficiently. So the comperssor must be above the evaporator(the part that attaches to the cpu), yes it would work with the unit below, but your temps would be no where near what they should be.

Tried it once mounting mine in a YY cube case. That's exactly waht happened.

vapo's have to be above the cpu.

Thanks guys, I have installed my Vapo PE in the top of the case and am making a plexi hard drive cage to be installed in the bottom of the case. I have also modded my LED display and extended it on a 2 foot wire. thanks for the help

Back