• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Xp and Via drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brint

Classic Senior Dude
Well, I installed Xp RC2. Installed my drivers for the Geforce and the Raid. but the Via4in1 drivers have a problem. After the install of the Via4in1 drivers it found some new hardware like it shod.
But the Via Bus master IDE driver wont install. Every time I boot XP it tells my the I need to install the drivers for the Via bus master IDE. I have looked in the 4in1 drivers nothing there that windows would use. So what to do??

My mobo is Abit KT7-raid.

I hate bad Drivers :p

Regards brint

XP installed recent 4 in 1 drivers for my VP6 the short time I used it. Didn't need to install them separately, they were already there. Mine was RC1, though.

My undertsanding was that the most recent XP releases came with VIA drivers that work better than any available on the net...

I couldn't get any via drivers to load so I did some research and found that yes xp comes with its own 4in1's and you don't need to use via.

I have found that I have a much stabler system. I think that is due to a better OS with better via support.

I am runningXP RC2 on an Asus A7Z133. There was no need to install any via drivers, everything just worked as is and worked very well to. It is nice to finally have support in the OS just like Intel chipset users have had for ages :)

Thanks guys, I will try to uninstall the Via drivers I installed and go from there.

Again Thanks

Regards brint

Back