• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

Hi all, I am looking for a software fix for a Win 11 Pro USB issue

Recently I had some liquid damage to my PC (ive been told to say it was beer as tea is not as cool)
The only hardware failure was a stick of ram and I was told everything else worked fine (replaced the ram)

Upon return, I found nearly every USB peripheral has issues, mainly KB/M that would work occasionally:
  • Logitech G600
  • Logitech G910
  • Generic wired KB
  • Wireless Mouse & KB
  • Yeti mic
  • Logitech camera
This is complicated to explain, essentially, no matter what combination M/KB I try, it usually fails.

• Upon reboot, a mouse may work and not the KB. Or a M would work and not the KB. Sometimes, if the stars aligned, both would work. Swapping to diff usb ports would often deactivate another device or both that I was trying to use. If I get both M/KB to work and try the yeti....M/KB stop working
What I have done:
  • Clean install of Windows: I can now get, somewhat reliably, the Wireless mouse to work on USB2 via front panel and a generic wired KB to work on USB 3
  • installed G hub for the logitech peripherals (did not work...wont recognize the keyboard, occasionally sees the mouth. Recognizes the Mic and cam.)
  • Updated drivers via device manager
  • disabled USB suspend
  • Ran device diagnostic
Before I change the MOBO, im wondering if there is a software fix I can try?

Also....I looked at a PCIE USB but there is no room in my case. The next PCIE slot is right under my video card and will block a fan....if it clears the fan.

Thanks

Last edited:
Is it possible some liquid got into one of the front panel USB 2.0 motherboard male plugs and is randomly grounding your USB circuits? A little spritz of WD-40 into those two areas could assure nothing is shorting or grounding due to liquid.

TUF-B460M.png

I'll be interested to read if that helped any.

Did the sherry (my English grandmother's "tea") get into the VRM heatsink / I/O assembly too?

Lets just say, the full cup of tea was emptied onto the PC.....where there is a generous open grill for air flow.

As far as WD40 goes....I need to get some first. I know, ill just give up my man I.D card and forget the secret handshake. I've disappointed you all.

I got tired of trying to fix the USB problem and bought a new mobo (Asus 590-Plus).
Installed it just now, activated windows and NO usb issues!!!!! There musta been some damage to the USB hubs in the old MOBO. Mouse/KB and ALL my peripherals work as they should!

Last edited:
Back