• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final Setup (Suggestions?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billiam

Wave Master TAC-T01
ABIT AI7
Danger Den TDX
EHEIM 1048 158GPH pump 110/120V
Black Ice Pro
Danger Den MAZE4 Intel Chipset Block
Sparkle Power 530W
OCZ EB 3500 256x2
Radeon 9800 Pro 256
Northwood 3.0C

Any suggestions on the watercooling or any other components? I want to try to hit at least 3.6 with a decent idle/load temperature. Here are a few questions:

Is this a decent model of 3.0c?
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...Product_Code=120439&Category_Code=intelcpu-p4

I know that people prefer JR-120, but after adding the shroud and fan, it comes out to cost the same as the Black Ice Pro. Is it worth it to just get the JR-120? Is cooltechnica the best place to purchase all of my wcing components?

Lastly, will the waterblock be a problem to install on the AI7? Or should i get the Max3.

The total cost is somewhere around 1300. Im willing to go up to 1400-1500. So any upgrades shouldnt be a problem if it is worth the investment.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Get rid of the chipset block and put a decent passive cooler on there. The p4 stock sink comes to mind. It lowers your flow rates too much for what it is.

Rad is good but get a dual 120 if possible. Plus you dont have the fan(s) listed :)

Which fan should i get, the most quiet fan? Also, what cooler should i get for the northbridge,

the zalman NB coolers (i think NB-1) are good. Get if you want to have a second block, dont cool your NB but rather your GPU. Save yourself the money and gain yourself the performance by switching that BlackIcePro for a nice painted Dtek ProCore or any heatercore. TDX + 1048 = not so good cooling buddy. I suggest you read up on pumps some more. If youre after the overclock, the minimum I would use on a TDX is a 1250. Best would be Iwaki,s but for a slightly smaller budget the MCP600 or AquaXtremme 50-Z will do great. MAG 3 will perform like MCP600 and AquaXtreme, but is less expensive. An alternative to the Eheim 1250 (both performance and quality) is the Hydor L35.
get some more opinions and do some more reading.

SenC.

Well, i guess the the eheim 1250 seems reasonable enough. What do you guys use to clamp the tubing?

Back