• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hydor L35 v2 DD 12v Water Pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
orionnt said:
arent the D4's the same pumps as the DD 12v? they look the same.
They are the same...

I heard the D4 has a whine too it, but it shouldn't be too bad if you insulate around the pump...

I plan on adding Sound Dampening mats to the case, so a small whine wont be an issue

klath said:
DD pump = more head, costs more, louder than the Hydor.
From the way this looks you are listing 'more head' as a negative attribute as you matched it with two attributes of the pump that are surely negative(noise,price).:confused:
More head is always better, (unless youre talking about 30'+ of head, but we're not.):beer:
dont try to help people with confusing mis-matched information.

orionnt...For the TDX or any other impignment/ restrictive block, always get the pump that offers more head while offering semi-decent flowrates.
(MCP only has ~185GPH@0'head yet still outperforms a 320GPH@0' head pump in a restrictive setup)

SenC

Senater_Cache said:
From the way this looks you are listing 'more head' as a negative attribute as you matched it with two attributes of the pump that are surely negative(noise,price).:confused:
More head is always better, (unless youre talking about 30'+ of head, but we're not.):beer:
dont try to help people with confusing mis-matched information.

I'm sorry that I assumed people know the basics about pumps that could be gleaned from almost any thread about pumps or heaven-forbid, the stickies.
Also, I was merely listing all the attributes much like any product description where all of the attributes would be listed in a bulleted format.

klath said:
I'm sorry that I assumed people know the basics about pumps that could be gleaned from almost any thread about pumps or heaven-forbid, the stickies.
Also, I was merely listing all the attributes much like any product description where all of the attributes would be listed in a bulleted format.

Don't worry, you have nothing to aplogize about. There was nothing wrong with what you posted.

I own a D4, I can't hear it over my 120 mm fans running. So i dunno about this whine...

wonder if its changed because that thread was recorded 3/3/04, i bought mine maybe 4 weeks ago.

Back