• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sp2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

OK ever since I installed SP2 I can no longer look at my internet connections... it just wont open up.... is there someway to make it so I can ? I thinks its something to do with the firwall, but not sure. I tried turning it off but that didnt work.

If you already have a firewall installed, there's not really a need to uninstall it...just set the option to automatically start the service at startup to disabled, and reboot. The built-in firewall of the beta versions of SP2 doesn't seem to get along with Sygate for one, which I can vouch for...as I also had a problem getting online. I can't vouch for other firewalls, but I would assume there's also a problem with connecting when ANY firewall is installed (service started) alongside the built-in firewall.

I found out its a bug in the latest version of SP2 no one can access the view network connections the final SP2 is saposed to fix this problem.

Also I use Sygate and have seen no issues with SP2 and Sygate. They seem be working fine together.

rcillig said:
I found out its a bug in the latest version of SP2 no one can access the view network connections the final SP2 is saposed to fix this problem.

Also I use Sygate and have seen no issues with SP2 and Sygate. They seem be working fine together.

my build of SP2 works fine, i can access both of my computer on the network and have had no connection problems due to the OS.

Norton seems to get along with SP2 also, no problems.

I was using Mcafee firewall plus, and it automatically turned off the windows firewall for me (latest build) during install. Worked great. Took out the SP2 and now I'm waiting for the release version to come out.

i guess i do ? sorry fopr asking a dumb question :p ive never installed an sp on xp before, btu ihave installed an sp on 2k before, i went from a clean install to installing sp4 and that worked fine.

I had the same problems with sp2, on my old rig asus a7n8x no problems at all with my new rig asus A8v deluxe + fx53 printer doesnt work and my network doesnt work with sp2. these both worked on my old rig I think its a via bug on the k8t800pro chip I'm now going to wait for the official release.

Back