• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob attempt to mod Fedco 2-302 HC and shoud

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nartac

Noob attempt to mod Fedco 2-302 HC and shroud

Hey guys. While waiting for my DD D4 pump to arrive next week sometimes so I can put my WC to work, I purchased the fedco 2-302 hc and modded the outlet and inlet as well as my poor attempt to make a shoud. I want to extend my thanks to all who came up with a thread how to calculate measurements to make a shroud and especially to Weapon who was so wonderful to post an awesome guide to mod the hc. Because I don't have much tools at home, I initially purchased the 2-199 hc but received the brass heater core with oval inlet and outlet similar to the one below:

77bonn.jpg

I then went to local autozone and picked up a '77 bonneville heater core with a/c for $17.99 and $.69 for a galvanized sheet from home depot. Because of almost no tools, I opted to cut the inlet and outlet tubes instead of replacing them with barbs. These fit my 1/2" tubing without any problem. The result are the following. Please refrain from laughing

IMGA0286.JPG

IMGA0287.JPG

IMGA0288.JPG

IMGA0289.JPG

IMGA0290.JPG

Last edited:
That's nice..fellow noob. I'm attempting the same thing with the same hc. Weapon made it look too easy. I made my shroud out of aluminum and held it together with rivets....very sturdy. It still needs some work though. I need to read that guide over again to refresh my memory. Anyways...good luck with your setup. :thup:

Hey cool. Didn't expect such compliments from gurus like you guys. That made me feel better :).

Xenocide, that shroud is one nice, professional looking shroud there, man.

Back