• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A question about water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkh

I have a koolance system that I got for $75 and I am really happy with it what I dont get those is why at idle the temps are the same as my old heatsink/fan but under load they are alot lower, I notice this to looking at reviews :-/

Last edited:
hkh said:
I have a loolance system that I got for $75 and I am really happy with it what I dont get those is why at idle the temps are the same as my old heatsink/fan but under load they are alot lower, I notice this to looking at reviews :-/

Wait a minute- clarify please:
What you are saying is that the idle temp is about the same as your air cooled idle temp, right?

But the load temp is lower than the load temp with air cooling?

If that's right, that does NOT sound like you have hit the limits of the system; rather it sounds like it is working as advertised. :)

I have an Exos I purchased used and it works pretty well- not up to par with my home-brew stuff, but well enough. :)

As cpu temp goes up, water cooling will show more of an improvement in temps than an air cooled system, for one thing.

The Exos has 3 fan settings but I believe one (or more) of them will increase fan speed depending on cpu temp which will also result in a lower temperature.

Of course, that's if I'm reading your post right. ;)

Back