• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to make my water clear

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aerobahn

I had a nice water cooling setup. only problem was i didnt like the ugly color of the water. So i bought some of thisSTUFF and clear tygon tubing.

Only problem was this time there was all this fome, so many tiny bubbles that the water is Pure white. I thought i might have mixed something wrong so i went though 3 bottels of this stuff. Each time the same result lots of white foam. My auto motive coolant had no fome in it. So after 30 bucks spent im looking into a better Idea.

I want clear water in my tubes any one know how?

give it some time, the bubbles will most likely work their way out. you might also try to fond some clear car antifreeze if your previous antifreeze didn't foam the water...

Got the same problem when i switched to a high flow system. Need a bigger airtrap so foam/bubbles don't cycle over.

probably the only way to have you water completely clear, would be to run 100% distilled water. As long as you dont have different metals in your loop you should be ok. Just change your water every once in a while. And flush the system well before you fill it with distilled.
As a side note, I used the Innovaprotect also, and my water is also kind of cloudy, I originally wanted crystal clear water, but since I'm using braided tubing, it doesnt look so bad. Oh well.

go with 10% rubbing alchohol and 90% distilled water. you will get rid of an algae that might have grown otherwise. I believe it also helps with cooling somehow. I know that it reduces the friction in the lines to increase flow ever so slightly, but i doubt that would affect anything. this is the mixture i run in my all copper loop.

Yeah, I've also heard that Alcohol can degrade the seals in your system. And doesnt Alcohol react wierd with some plastics? That may be an issue with some waterblocks and /or tubing and/or res.

Cyberwiz01 said:
Yeah, I've also heard that Alcohol can degrade the seals in your system. And doesnt Alcohol react wierd with some plastics? That may be an issue with some waterblocks and /or tubing and/or res.

Which alcohol are you talking about? haha

Back