• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Performance mode cause`s tearing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jenko

My FSB is 200 and i have dual channel ddr400 also running at 200 and is in sync, but if i enable performance mode in wolfenstein ET and 3dmark2001 in the cpu tests i get bad tearing.
I have ran prime95 for ages and it doesnt show any errors, any ideas why i know its cheap twin mos timings are 2.5-3-3-7 as standard.
All other games are fine.

make sure u have the latest bios for mb and video. seems like the memory is having probs with the pat(it enhances timings) this is my best guess. someone else may have a better handle...

I have the latest bios for my mobo the 1004final there is the 1005beta im worried about using the betas though.
Never flashed my 9800pro before i think it has the samsung 2.8 hynix ram on it?
Dont have a floppy drive either.

The tearring is only just noticable in performance mode with the sticks in slot 2 and 3?
Plus if i turn performance mode off i can raise the memorys fsb without getting tearing which i could not do before.
But even in slots 2 and 3 i get a bit of tearing in ET and cpu tests in 3dmark03 wonder what is causing it.

Back