• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7 temps, are they off like all aother Abits?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I have just put together an AI7 with a 3.2 Prescott. I have done no stressful testing as of yet, just bumped the fsb to 220. I am just wondering about the temps at the moment. Since this is my 4th Abit board, I have learned to not pay too much attention to the cpu temps. If it runs stable don't worry about it unless it is high enough to be obsene. Last night at an idle, had to use bios as I haven't installed anything else yet, temps were system=30c, pmw=37, cpu=54, and just for info, volt-modded X800-X800xt= 37. Cpu cooler is an SP94 with a Sanyo Deinko 92mm fan 55.1cfm. Case has 4 80mm case fans, 2 in, 2 out, and a 120mm Enermax in the door, plus the 2 fans in the psu, so flow is not a problem. Is the 54c normal for a Prescott on an AI7? Do you have to subtract 10c since it's an Abit? 44c dousn't sound so bad.
Also, will changing the NB cooler do anything to help, The stock fan is making some strange noises at times and is the noisiest thing in the case at the moment. I just ordered one of the Swiftec's to replace it. Can't hurt.

Temps for air cooled Prescott 2.8 overclocked to 3.4 gig on my Abit AI7 (SLK-947U).

Idle: CPU=39, system=30, PWM=29

Load: CPU=51, system=33, PWM=48

Vcore is at default of 1.3875v listed in the BIOS and measured at 1.4v in Abit Eq.

Idle: CPU=39, system=30, PWM=29
Well I see I have a problem somewhere. I know AS5 has to cycle a bit, but not that much. Must be more of an air flow problem than I think. It was not that warm in the room last night to say I was puching warm air. There may be to much cabling and wiring in the way at bottom left of m/b. 2 Raptors in front of top 80 and then the corresponding cables coming out in front of the bottom. I have sinked the mosfets but only with the supplied sticky tape. I am now wondering about the Antec 1000 series case. Is it right for my situation? This project is getting out of hand. ;(

That's with 5 extra case fans... so my case was like a wind tunnel. I think that was with my Delta 68 CFM fan too. The AI7 like all Abit mobos seem to report a little higher than actual temps. The new Swifty N/B cooler will help system temp a little, but probably not CPU temp. If you are still at default vcore, then yeah, I'd say your temps are a little high for idle.

I have really gotten to the pint of not liking this case since video cards got so big. The agp slot puts the card right in line with the bottom drive cage. You have to make sure and put one drive at the top and on at the bottom, put the drive cage in and then install the vid card in between the 2 drives. By the time you hook up the power and drive cables you have basically blocked any airflow except around the top on the vid card. Maybe it's time for a P60 Lian-Li or something that WILL have good flow.

Does sound like the vid card might be blocking air flow. But, don't despair, just add a blowhole and fan to the side cover so that it's blowing fresh air directly right at the CPU. Problem solved.

Already has a 120 in the door at vidcard level, a little low for the cpu. I found a discussion of the same case and had an idea which I posted here http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=319685. What do you think, before I go out and buy a P160 Antec ;)

[edit]
Dropping the drives to the floor did not help. Temps were still at 50c cpu. I looped sandra burnin cpu tests and temps got to 61c and peaked but the PMW temp was also at 60c :mad: I bit the bullet and a P160 is on the way. I have to get more air flowing to the top of the m/b. I am going to try a reseating of the SP94 tonite and see if that makes any difference, but I don't hold out much hope.

Last edited:
Back