• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Pro vs non-pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pauly-

Registered
ok Pro version has larger heatspreader and LED and costs 45 CND$ more

i think everyone would agree the activity LED are useless

but what about the spreaders ? would the non pro version run too hot without the spreaders ? and does the non-pro version overclocks and performs as well as the pro version ? (other difference that i might not know)

and in the non-pro versions: either platinum or black aluminium
is there a difference other than estethics ??

silver vs black is a question of look, as for non pro running without heatspreader I would not try it if you want to overclock it. As for performence it depend on what revision you can get. The LED will change nothing to the performence of the chips. Go to Corsair site and look up the forum there you can see which chip is on what ram/revision.

Yup, the pro memory does seem to be a better overclocker from what I've seen. I cheaped out and went with the XMS 3200XL (non-pro), cause I didn't figure it would make any difference since they both have a heatspreader, and for $40 more, the pro just didn't seem worth it. Unfortunately, I'm only able to run 2-2-2-5 settings up to 214 FSB @ 2.9v. I have to back it down to 2-3-3-6 to get it past that. I was a little disappointed since I'd seen all the reviews saying they were hitting 225+ with the tight timings. It's not my mushkin Black lvl2, but it's still really good memory. So to answer your question, I'd go with the pro.

Back